Saturday, September 24, 2011

Allie #5!

Allie turned five September 22nd. The Sunday before we had a birthday party at our house with family. We couldn't keep her present from her so we gave it to her in the morning. A new bike! She only had a tricycle and now wanted a big kid bike with training wheels so she can learn to ride like the kids in our neighborhood. Marlee now gets the tricycle all to herself, she is really excited that she doesn't have to trade off and share anymore.Allie did really good right away on her bike, she went across the street in the culdesac and had a little accident because she was headed towards the curb pretty fast and didn't put on her brakes. She ran into the curb and fell off her seat and hit into the bar on her bike. She was a little shaken but didn't cry. She was learning to use her brakes and is doing great at it.
For her birthday dinner we had her favorite, shepherds pie. She loves fruit, especially melon so I got some watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, and strawberries. I wanted to make a cute bowl out of the watermelon rind, I thought a crown would be perfect but I couldn't find a picture online of what I was thinking so I just did it with the picture in my head. It turned out pretty cute and made it more interesting than just a bowl.
Allie got a lot of presents from her aunts, uncles, and grandparents. She got a princess charm school barbie. She loves it.
She got a book about a testimony glove. She also got a CTR ring, a barbie scooter that has a spot for the barbie to ride too, a cute fall outfit, a tinkerbell purse and tinkerbell art kit.
This is her cake that I made for Sunday, she wanted a castle with people standing around it but this was the best I could do. At least it is her favorite colors!
Here she is blowing out her candles, and her sister Marlee helping.
On Thursday was her birthday and she had preschool, I made some pink and white cake pops that she took to school for all the kids and teachers. Her dad was at work all day so just us girls went with some friends out to lunch at a play place. I went with my parents to a temple sealing that night and we didn't get home till late. She did get some cards in the mail and a present from her aunt Chelsy that was jacks, slinky, microphone, and a jumprope. I made this quilt and quilted it for her and gave it to her after our lunch outing. She was really happy about it because I make so many quilts but haven't made one for her bed yet. I think she is old enough now to appreciate it and love it.Friday we had another birthday party for her friends. We really made this birthday a week long thing. For her birthday party, we went to the castle park in Kaysville and I made her colors pink and turquoise. I made a pink and turquoise castle cake for this party. I love this one so much, I think because I love those colors together.
I found this really cute table cover with cupcakes on the side and mostly pink and turquoise on it. You can see the castle park in the back, it is Allie's favorite park. She is standing here with her friend Sophia.
Here is Allie with some of her friends on the tire swing, it is a really fun swing that spins and swings and can fit lots of friends!
Here is Allie blowing out her candles with all of her friends around.
Allie is growing up to be a really good little girl. She is such a good helper and does what her parents ask her to do. She is learning so much at school and at home and loves to show what she can do. She is a lot like me when I was her age, she is pretty dramatic and thinks she knows everything and can do everything herself.
We love Allie so much and can't even believe she will never be 4 or 3 or 2 again. She is growing so fast but we love every second with her and are proud of her and excited for her future.
Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers