Saturday, December 25, 2010

Picture Quilt

My sister Brittany got married last Saturday ( December 18). It snowed pretty much all day. We got up way early so I could go help Britt get ready. When we were almost there I realized that I forgot the "picture quilt" that I made for them to have at the reception. I got Brittany ready and my girls ready, then we headed to Logan. It was way snowy on the roads we had to drive really slow the whole way. On the way to Logan I realized that I didn't have my temple recommend with me! It was not turning out to be a good day for me. I don't know why I forgot the most important things for me that day!
So the picture quilts I make I choose a picture that I think is good of them close-up and that has a good shadow to light ratio, like this one:

I put it on my photoshop software and put it in gray scale and flip it so its a mirror image of itself and I mess with the lighting a bit more, and then posterize it to 4 different shades of gray. I print the picture 3 times and get started! I have 4 different shades of fabric and its a lot of tiny cutting and puzzle piecing the fabric scraps back together. I quilt over it to give them a little more detail and wa-la! A beautiful 11 x 16 picture quilt to frame for a wedding reception (or just have in your home).
Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers